Honourable Mayors, dear colleagues and friends.
Based on the decision of the Executive Board of the IAPMC at the General Assembly in Kalavrita, Greece, in December 2015, we are hereby informing you that preparations of the Executive Board meeting, organized in New York, from April 24-27, 2015 are underway.
In this regard we are informing you about the preliminary programme of the meeting, to ensure sufficient time for travel and other logistical arrangements. We strongly encourage non EB Members to participate at this important event as well, time and cost-permitting.
This year’s Executive Board meeting will be organized with the aim to reaffirm IAPMC’s position within the NGO community of the UNO, hence the meeting will be held during the opening period of the NPT Review Conference 2015 (April 27 – May 22, 2015). The activities of the IAPMC during the meeting will be coordinated with the programme of PEACE AND PLANET and GLOBAL PEACE WAVE movements.
Unfortunately, hotel accommodation and food arrangements need to be covered by participants as there is no official host of our event. By attending the meeting we will show our collective support of the mutual aims of various peace movements, NGO’s etc., while at the same time we will have a unique opportunity to attend their workshops, panels, meetings and also participate at the UN events on April 27.
Preliminary programme is as follows:
Thursday, April 23
- Arrival of the delegates (airports JFK or Newark)
- Accommodation in one of the Manhattan hotels (preferably in proximity to the UN HQ)
Friday, April 24
- Morning session of the IAPMC Executive Board (in rented conference room, preferably at the UN HQ or in the vicinity, depending on availability)
- Afternoon participation at the panels, according to the detailed programme
Saturday, April 25
- Participation at the workshops and panels
Sunday, April 26
- Participation at PEACE RALLY AND MARCH (some of you might recollect the rally and march from 2010)
Monday, April 27
- Participation at the opening events of NPT Review Conference, NGO gathering at the UN HQ
Tuesday, April 28
Please consider the airline tickets and visa arrangements as well as hotel bookings (due to large number of participants, the hotels will be full, we recommend Hilton Manhattan East hotel, like in 2010) as highest priority, to ensure your participation.
Thank you for your consideration and attendance.
Yours in peace,
Mayor Andrej Čas, IAPMC Secretary-General
Dušan Stojanovič, IAPMC Deputy Secretary-General