International Association of Peace Messenger Cities has a great honor to invite you to participate in the Internet “live streaming” event dedicated to spreading the idea of world peace.
The year 2013 will be the third year of commemorating the International Day of Peace by IAPMC, designated by United Nations on September 21st 2001. A first attempt was the successful partnership with the children of Kragujevac, Serbia with New Haven, USA children in 2011. The live streaming event organized in 2012 was an even bigger success.
Young people from 10 cities around the world, transmitted messages of peace through various performances in five events occurring at various times throughout the day. With use of modern technology the challenge of distance will not interfere, therefore everyone can participate and it costs nothing.
On our website you can also watch last year’s performances recorded during the live streaming.
In 2013 we are planning to invite more cities to take part in this wonderful celebration. This year’s event will be coordinated by the city of Płońsk (Poland) –
a longtime member of our organization.
Here is the sequence of events.
The sign-up form necessary for the application to participate is available on the IAPMC event sign up page.
SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
Before June 15, 2013
1. Request participation
- Submit a request to participate to the IAPMC through the event sign up page (please use the name of a local coordinator in the sign-up form)
- Ensure that the coordinator has a Google account and know how to use it.
- Ensure you have a video camera and microphone that can be attached to a computer with high-speed internet connection and a projector or some kind of screen to see your hangout partner.
Before June 30, 2013
2. Identify suitable venue (e.g. classroom, city square etc.)
- IAPMC will tell participants which city “cluster” they are in.
- A moderator designated by IAPMC will contact the local coordinator.
- Send the IAPMC the outline program: who, what, where.
Before August 30, 2013
3. Send the IAPMC moderator the email address of the Google account that will be used for hangout.
September 13, 2013
4. Local coordinator will have to demonstrate his ability to connect to a Google Hangout with video and audio
September 21, 2013
5. The hangout will begin 1 hour before official start time (T.B.A).
The rest of the details will be provided after submitting registration forms.